Healing Journeys presents:
A Mini CANCER AS A TURNING POINT,
From Surviving to Thriving™
A FREE mini-conference designed to
educate, inspire, connect, and celebrate
Friday, September 23, 2016
7:00pm — 9:00pm
Immanuel Lutheran Church
Los Altos, CA
Approved for Continuing Education Credits for Nurses
* * * Register Here * * *
General Conference Information
In order to make this program available to everyone, there is no charge for attending this conference. Donations are greatly appreciated and tax-deductible. This is a mini-version of our one- and two-day conferences.
The purpose of this program is to educate, inspire, connect, and celebrate all whose lives have been touched by cancer or any life-altering condition.
Cancer, or any life-altering illness, can be viewed as both a curse and a blessing. If viewed simply as a disease of the body, it is experienced only as a curse. When we view illness in the context of the whole person (body, mind, emotions, and spirit), we see its transformative potential as an awakening for the soul and spirit. Only then can we see it as a blessing and utilize its gifts.
“Thanks for creating this space where I can begin to come to terms with a cancer diagnosis.
Thank you for the love . . .”
Who Should Attend
- Women and men touched by cancer or any life-altering condition
- Caregivers, family members, or friends of someone touched by cancer or other illness
- Physicians, Nurses, Social Workers, and other Healthcare Providers
- Differentiate between curing the body and healing the person
- Explore illness as an awakening with transformative potential
- Rediscover the healing capacity of the human spirit
- Facilitate healing from within as an essential component of total health
- Experience the physical and emotional benefits of group support
- Discover the impact of psycho-social and spiritual beliefs on the immune system
- Facilitate networking among people and organizations with common goals and concerns
The Cancer Center at:
Our Commitment to Diversity
Healing Journeys is committed to diversity and pledges to include, welcome, and support all individuals of any race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, socioeconomic background, religion, sexual orientation, and disability.