El Camino Hospital Cancer Center and Healing Journeys
Loving Your Body
A Workshop with Michael Finkelstein, MD
Saturday, September 24, 2016
9:30am to 4:30pm
El Camino Hospital
Mountain View, CA
Approved for CE credits for Nurses
* * * Register Here * * *
Cancer often leads to a cycle of negative thoughts and feelings, including resentment of and anger at the tumor. These feelings in turn trigger an inflammatory response that, ironically, supports the existence of the tumor, which feeds on stress and discord. Paradoxically, by bathing a tumor with love, you can activate an innate healing response that has more power to usher the cancer away. Michael will guide you on a journey of love, love for your body, including your tumor, in such a way that you leave the fight-or-flight mode (rife with fear, anxiety, and anger) and move toward a state of harmony, health, and wholeness that is inhospitable to cancer.
Dr. Michael Finkelstein, The Slow Medicine Doctor®, is the executive director of The Slow Medicine Foundation and is the founder and medical director of SunRaven: The Home of Slow Medicine, a wellness center located on a farm, in Bedford, NY. He is the author of Slow Medicine: Hope and Healing for Chronic Illness, endorsed by Andrew Weil, MD, and Mehmet Oz, MD. Dr. Finkelstein is a medical blogger for Doctor Oz, Sharecare, and The Huffington Post. Trained at premier institutes for both conventional and integrative medicine, and certified in both Internal Medicine and Integrative-Holistic Medicine, he is the recipient of numerous distinctions. You can learn more at SlowMedicineDoctor.com.
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone wanting to promote healing of mind, body, and spirit;
- Women and men touched by cancer or any life-altering illness;
- People supporting friends or family coping with cancer or
- Healthcare providers.
At this Workshop you will learn:
- The impact of your thoughts on your body;
- The damaging effects of sympathetic overdrive (fight/flight mode locked in the “on” position);
- How to restore the parasympathetic nervous system (rest/digest mode), for optimizing your wellness;
- A redefinition of health, inclusive of your mental-emotional state, spiritual life, and social and environmental conditions;
- A new approach to wellbeing, touching on all 7 spokes of the Slow Medicine Wheel of Health. View the Wheel here.
- To identify 3 “first steps” to make positive changes in your thinking and perspective on the challenges you face;
- To conceptualize a new vision of loving your body, cancer and all.