Cooking for Optimal Health and Healing
A Hands-on Cooking Class with Chef Mayumi Tavalero
A Presentation by Jan Adrian
West Sacramento Recreation Center
2801 Jefferson Blvd.
West Sacramento, CA 95691
Thursday, July 13, 2017
11:00am — 1:00pm
Wednesday July 19, 2017
6:30 — 8:30pm
This very special hands-on cooking class will incorporate nutrient dense foods that allow your body to create an optimal terrain for fighting cancer and many other modern diseases. Our class will begin with a presentation by Jan Adrian, Founder of Healing Journeys.
Our menu will include:
Zucchini Fritters Cooked in Ghee
Poached Salmon with Lemon-Turmeric Aioli
Summer Vegetable Gazpacho
This is a hands-on cooking class, so please bring a cutting board, chef’s knife, and apron. And of course, your appetite, as we will be sampling everything we make!
Maximum class size: 16
After embarking on her own journey to optimal health, Mayumi Tavalero is passionate about sharing her experiences with others, through cooking classes and lifestyle changes. She has been in the food industry for over 30 years, has worked as the director of a Bay Area Cooking School, and is currently a Certified Fitness Nutritionist.
Mayumi owns Fork & Knife Creations, where she offers in-home cooking classes along with nutrition and exercise advice tailored to her clients’ specific needs. She can be reached through her website at www.ForkAndKnifeCreations.com.
You may register at the link below. Please read the following instructions before clicking the link.
- Clicking the link will take you to the website of West Sacramento Parks & Recreation.
- When you get to the website, you may need to scroll down a little to see a Register Online button on the left side of the page. Click on it.
- You’ll be on the registration site. There are tabs across the page, under the banner at the top. Click on the Register tab, and “Program or Activities” appears right below. Click on “Programs or Activities.”
- The new page has a sidebar on the left titled “Register For Activities” and right below that title is a search box. In the search box, type healthy cooking and click the search icon (magnifying glass). Below that, “Healthy Cooking Night Out” will appear, with a pencil icon to the left. Click the pencil.
- The information for the July 13 class will appear on the right, and if you scroll down the information for the July 19 class will appear. You can register for either one. On the far right, under “Sign Up” click the notebook and pencil icon and then follow the instructions on the screen.
Click www.westsacfun.org and then follow the instructions above.