CANCER AS A TURNING POINT
From Surviving to Thriving™
A FREE conference designed to
educate, inspire, connect, and celebrate
Saturday and Sunday, October 9 & 10, 2010
San Mateo Performing Arts Center
San Mateo, California
Approved for 12.5 Continuing Education Credits for
RN, MFT, and LCSW
The California Endowment
American Cancer Society
The Ronald Whittier Family Foundation, FamiliesCAN
Breast Cancer Connections of Palo Alto
Cancer Support Community of Silicon Valley
The Wellness Community San Francisco Bay Area
WomenCARE of Santa Cruz
Women’s Cancer Resource Center of Oakland
The purpose of this conference is to educate, inspire, connect, and celebrate all whose lives have been touched by cancer or any life-altering illness.
- Cancer or any life-altering illness can be viewed as both devastating and rewarding.
- When viewing illness in the context of the whole person (body, mind, emotions, and spirit), its transformative potential as an awakening for the soul and spirit is realized.
- Only then can we see it as an opportunity and utilize its gifts.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Women and men touched by cancer or any life-altering illness
- Healthcare providers
- People supporting friends or family touched by cancer or other illness
- Differentiate between curing the body and healing the person
- Explore illness as an awakening with transformative potential
- Rediscover the healing capacity of the human spirit
- Facilitate healing from within as an essential component of total health
- Experience the physical and emotional benefits of group support
- Discover the impact of psycho-social and spiritual beliefs on the immune system
- Facilitate networking among people and organizations with common goals and concerns